The timeline so far:
– 1994 deal by the Clinton administration put North Korea on a path to acquire WMDs (specifically nuclear weapons)
– Libya gives up WMDs but it is attacked by Islamists, the US, UK and France anyway
– North Korea learns never to give up its WMDs
– South Korea looks to acquire WMDs to counter North Korea
– Western media says South Korea is looking to acquire WMDs because of Trump ignoring prior history
South Korean politicians have said their country should develop its own nuclear weapons because the US under Donald Trump’s leadership cannot be trusted to come to the support of its allies.
As North Korea continues to test long-range missiles designed to carry nuclear bombs, the South remains heavily reliant on the US and its allies for defence.
Mr Trump’s isolationist rhetoric has caused concern among US allies, as have his calls for Asian countries to take on more of the cost of their defence.
From CIW NEWS Contributor
South Korea war
Seoul, South Korea
South Korea (KR) is estimated to have a population of 50.8 million with a growth rate during 2010-2015 of 0.5% pa.
At the same rate of change, in five years' time its population will increase by 1.3 million.